Welcome to our COVID response page. Below you’ll find all the critical information about how P.S. 132Q The Ralph Bunche School is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection. We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe. Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
Last updated: 12/01/2020
If you have any questions, please contact Parent Coordinator, Marvel Belton, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Address:132-15 218th Street, Springfield Gardens, NY 11413
Return to School Blended Model
Groups A and C Return to Blended Learning on December 7th!
Our District Review Team has provisionally approved us for our Exception School Reopening Model found below. In this model, students are split into four groups of learning also found below.
Group A will learn in the building Monday and Tuesday. They will work remotely Wednesday – Friday.
Group B will learn in person Thursday and Friday. They will work remotely Monday-Wednesday.
Group C will learn in the building Monday – Friday.
Group D will work remotely from home 100% of the time.
Siblings will be placed in similar classes to ensure they attend school on the same days in Group A and B.
Group A: Classes 5A, 4A, 3A, 2A, 1A, KA, PKA
Group B: Classes 5B, 4B, 3B, 2B, PKB
Group C: Classes K/1/291, 3/4/591 (Self Contained Classes); Essential Worker Scholars
Group D: Remote Only
Instructional Absolutes 2020-2021
In all classrooms, a learning target and/or an I Can / I Will statement will be posted and visible aligned to a learning standard.
In all classrooms, unit aligned anchor charts will be relevant and visible.
In all classrooms, teacher facilitated, student centered discussion will support [achievement of] the learning element.
In all classrooms, multiple entry points will be created in order to differentiate the instruction [for the success of all learners].
Expectations for Instruction:
- Clear learning goals that the students can articulate
- Independent practice time for students
- Gradual Release Model of Instruction
- Data Collection and Awareness
- Conversations to Support Growth with Actionable Feedback
- A Growth Mindset
We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
- Masks: All students, staff and visitors will be required to wear a mask while in the building.
- Hand washing: Students and staff are expected to wash hands thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, if exposed to body fluids (like saliva or a sneeze), and at other times necessary throughout the day.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing is required at all times. Please maintain social distancing between families during drop-off and pickup.
- Illness: Students and staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 100°F must stay home and notify the school. If you or someone you know has COVID-19 (or shows symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or fever), it is required that you quarantine for a minimum of 14 days and notify the school.
- Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test Site page to find a test site closest to you.
We are committed to making sure that all students can successfully connect to online learning during their at-home learning days.
- If your student needs a laptop or tablet, fill out the Device Request Form to reserve your device. Borrowing a device is free!
- If your children experience internet-connectivity issues with their iPads, they can request help through the Technical Support for Families form.
- Borrowed devices should be used for school purposes only and kept in a secure location. Take your device with you on in-school days.
Remote Learning Expectations
During hybrid or 100% remote learning, your child is expected to complete all assignments provided by the teacher. At the same time, we recognize that working at home is different and difficult for many students. We want to provide flexibility:
- Students and families should check Google Classroom daily for important updates from their teachers.
- When signing in for virtual classes or meetings, students are expected to be on time, appropriately dressed, and ready to learn. We suggest signing in 5 minutes before class starts. Please try to reduce background noise and distractions as much as possible.