School Leadership Team
|November-||18, (Nov 6 Fall Festival will serve as 2 hrs)|
The SLT Role
- An SLT is responsible for developing a school’s Comprehensive Educational Plan (CEP). See the iPlan portal (Open external link)to find your CEP.
- An SLT makes a yearly evaluation of the principal’s record of developing an effective, shared decision-making relationship with the SLT members during the year. This evaluation is given to the community district or high school superintendent.
- The SLT is not responsible for the hiring or firing of school staff. However, according to Chancellor’s Regulation C-30, the SLT must be consulted prior to the appointment of a principal or assistant principal.
- Visit the SLT support site(Open external link) to get the toolkit, bylaws, training modules, and other resources.
Use the School Leadership Team link for more information.
September 23, 2021 SLT Minutes
September 23, 2021
- Welcome Back 2021-20220
- By Laws
- CBO-Putting in a grant for five years
- Electing a chairperson today
- Health and Safety
- 3 feet social distancing rule
- Mandatory masks
- Handwashing and hand sanitizing
- Covid closure: if there is a case the case will be closed down
- New guidance: students who are masked and 3 feet apart will not have to quarantine if a case is positive in their class.
- Take Home folder
- Make sure families have supplies at home for the students
- Grants have given us supplies
- Every Child gets a planner (except prek-1)
- 5th graders will get flash drives
- Pre-k is received baby wipes
- If we buy the supplies parents buy the uniforms
- Can we investigate patches since winter is coming?
- Health Screening-We have seen a decrease in Health screening
- Health screening is available online.
- Send a reminder on Bloomz to not send your children into school
- SLT Dates
- Third Thursday of every month
- Next Thursday at 5:30 pm
- The changes in the quarantine.
- Full class or whole school closure will provide synchronous instruction.
- A minimum of 1 to 2 hours for instruction
- Wearing a mask is a safety issue
- If a student who refuses to wear a mask, we are doing our best. Working many strategies to help as much as we can.
Meeting was adjourned 6:35 pm
October 14, 2021 SLT Minutes
October 14, 2021
Meeting was called to order at 5:05 pm
- Selection of Roles:
- Chairperson: Deandra White
- Secretary: Laura Baldwin
- Facilitator: Baptiste
- Financial Liaison: Mr. Baptiste
- Title One Committee: SLT Parent Members.
- Title One Chair: Holmes
- District Leadership Team: Mrs. Quiller
- Review of minutes/By laws/Overview of roles and meeting guidance:
- We will split our SLT meetings to twice a month.
- Our new time will be 5:30pm
- Our next meeting will be in two weeks on October 28th at 5:30 pm.
- Team members to attend two consecutive meetings or behave in a poor manner will be removed from the team.
- Bylaws will be finalized by Monday.
- Budget and Staffing
- We do not have enough money to run the school so we put in an appeal. (Pro session, substitutes, supplies)
- Appeals were not granted because of the vaccination demand. Money is coming in in small increments.
- We have 6 staff members who are not in.
- School aide
- Two classroom teachers
- Occupational Therapist
- We do have a staffing issue. We must hire substitutes.
- Request for 3 paraprofessionals every day.
- We are short in the cafeteria, so we have been taking on more roles.
- We have to strategically have the right people at our school.
- Register Growth: Projected 259 students for this school year. Currently we are at 290 students. Looking to close on October 31st with approximately 270 students.
- The Capital Plan: requesting money from the councilman.
- Dr. Davis requested money for the cafeteria. Work just started in July. Cafeteria should be finished in 15 months. Central air will also be placed in our cafeteria.
- Mr. Baptiste put in a request for 1. Technology; 2. Turning one of our classrooms into our dance studio; 3. New auditorium; 4. New steam lab. 5. Brand new bathrooms for the students. Decided on $225,000 in technology. Buying brand new smartboards for every classroom. Macbook carts for each floor.
- 21st Century Grant
- A community-based organization to assist with the after school program. We are required to fill out a 141-page application. Baptiste has assembled a team to help write the application. Once we are awarded the grant we can then choose which organization we will use. Students first, staff and community. If awarded will start in September of 2022. It will run for five years. We will interview them and see who will fit best.
- After school academy
- Goal is to start in December
- Grades 3-5 start in December and run til April.
- Grades k-2 start in January and run til May.
- ENL Academy
- Self-Contained Academy
- 14 Teachers needed
- First, we will invite our students who we really want to target but we will also open it up to all students.
- Two classes on each grade. We are going to group 3 and 4 students and then 1 and 2 students.
- Reports on where students are performing will be shared with the SLT.
- Reading will be taught on one day and math will be taught on the other day.
- We also want to encourage attendance. We want them to do the full five months.
- Would like to start the first week of December if we are all in agreement.
- Parent Workshops
- Does the curriculum have some support for parents?
- Should have a resource tab on everyone’s google classroom.
- We have to make it known to the parent community.
- Having parent workshops by grade schoolwide.
- Cell Phone Usage
- Cell phones go off and in school bag until dismissal.
- Students have been taking their cell phones in the bathroom and on the playground.
- 4th and 5th grade students will have their cell phones collected.
- Children should not be watching tictok.
- There is no bathroom 1st period and 7th period of the day.
- A letter will be sent home about cell phone policy and social media apps.
- Social Dilemma is on Netflix
- Uniform Policy Incentive
- We started off strong, but we want to remind them daily of their uniform policy.
- Send home an update on how to purchase uniforms.
- Picture day does not have to be in uniform. (Send a flyer letting parents know).
- F.T. Report
- We have all our teams in place.
- Safety committee, BRT.
- Safety meeting job was to revise our fire drills. We had our best fire drill today.
- Testing and tracing: school staff will no longer be part of the 10% testing mandate.
- Triage room or Covid room is up and ready to go and is in place.
- Measures of teacher practice and we are in the process of picking our measure of student learning.
- T.A. Report
- The protocol of how the classrooms close down discussed at Town Hall.
- Picture day for all
- Senior Picture day
- Fall festival on October 30th. Hoping parents will RSVP. Outdoors and in the yard.